Friday, 6 November 2015

Yet another new header...

Hello there! So, for you lovely folks who have noticed, I've changed my header to a much fancier and a much blogger appropriate watercolour-y one. I really wasn't happy with my old one because it just looked a bit crap, so I decided to spend a lil' bit longer making this one (yes I made it!).


So, if you would like to know how I made it...


I downloaded the font Autumn Chant from dafont.com which was made by Roland Huse and is a free font for personal use. If you wanted it for commercial use then you would have to pay! I then googled "free watercolour flowers" and came across a lovely site called The Smell Of Roses which offers free clipart for personal use. I think it's so lovely when people put a lot of effort into watercolour painting and then let it be used for free. So, definitely check out the amazing clip art on this website!

I then fiddled about after downloading the flowers to create my new header. It didn't actually take that long and I'm pretty chuffed with it to say I made it myself on PicMonkey (no photoshop needed omg). It really is easy to do. 

So that's how I made it! I'd definitely recommend giving it a try, especially if you can't afford to fork out on having a custom one made. I'm a lot happier with the look of this one compared to my old one. Now, I can't wait to make a little badgey thing for my blog. Yay me!

Til' next time! XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog